Emergency Department (ED) is the front-line area of patient care in the hospital and is responsible for providing early access, appropriate transport and treatment in its pre-hospital care, and quality emergency care to all emergency patients visiting the hospital.
The ED broadly has two areas of operations:
- Emergency Medical Services (Pre-hospital care in ambulance, provided by emergency medical technicians & ambulance drivers)
- Emergency Room (In-hospital care, provided by emergency doctors, emergency nurses, and other allied staff)
Mission of Emergency Departments
- Improve access to emergency care for the community by providing state of the art pre-hospital emergency medical services.
- Appropriate and rapid triage, focused assessment ,investigation, treatment and interventions for all patients as per the clinical need.
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy and warmth while delivering the clinical care towards patients and their families.
- Leadership in disaster preparedness, Multi casualty Incident Response in both pre-hospital and in-hospital arena.
- Achieve highest levels of confidence in services rendered by the department for internal and external users.